How to Prepare for APSC Interview: Do you want to take part in the APSC preliminary exam? You must check out this blog for all kinds of information about the APSC CCE. It is a one-stop information resource for everything related to APSC, including the timeline, syllabus, and previous papers.
This blog will surely prove valuable when you are going to give your APSC interview practice. There are many questions related to the APSC CCE on this blog. So, prepare well before going in for an interview. As it is seen that no matter how hard someone studies for prelims, he/she should write at least 3 months of prelims before taking a call on whether or not he/she wants to take up the mains stage!
How to Prepare for APSC Interview
Dress Code By APSC Exam: The first thing that is likely to be noticed by the interviewers is your attire on the interview day. It is suggested to wear proper, comfortable formals for an interview in case of both males and females.
A pair of dark-colored formal trousers and a full sleeve, light-colored shirt with formal shoes(and socks) is a combination of best attire for an APSC interview. Similarly, female candidates should pick Indian wear(salwar suit/mekhela chadar) that is decent and not loud in color, paired up with low heeled or flat sandals, and minimum jewelry and makeup to look presentable on the interview day.
Interview preparations are incomplete without having a healthy dose of public speaking. Aspirants need to practice their skills from time to time. They may enroll themselves in public speaking classes or read books and articles on the same.
There is this general perception that one needs to be a highly skilled orator to be victorious in interviews, but that’s not entirely true. And if you prepare yourself well, you can nail the interview with just average communication skills.
Mental Preparation: Psychologists tell us that achieving mental strength is the key to success. If you’re interviewing for admission to a college, particularly one in which you’ve always dreamed of schooling, it is going to be stressful. Stay calm and composed by practicing meditation on a regular basis.
Body Language: Your body language speaks a lot about your personality. Do not try to be pretentious about yourself in front of the interviewers. Instead, work on your body language for real.
Effective body language can work wonders in an interview even though you might not answer all of the questions correctly. In this article, we will cover body language techniques to apply during the interview that can help you to manage yourself better and raise your chances of getting selected.
Preparing A Few Common Questions: When applying for the exam, remember that this is your chance to show off what you’ve got. Some common questions are likely to be asked by the interviewers in APSC interviews.
These questions can be referred to as Reasons for choosing civil service as a profession, Reasons for giving preferences for the order of services, etc. Moreover, if you have a job background already, you might be asked about reasons for switching your profession, and the pros and cons of your past/present company. Be a critical thinker and answer your questions wisely, as they might be testing your integrity.
- Assam Jatiya Bidyalay Recruitment 2022 – Teacher Vacancy
- SSC Selection Post Recruitment 2022 – 2065 Vacancy, Online Apply
Before the exam, candidates must go through National news(The Hindu and Deccan Chronicle), State Current affairs and issues, International affairs and global happenings, Sports, Cinema & Entertainment, business profiles, Latest technology developments are things you must focus on.
Know Yourself: Tell us something about yourself? Most people automatically give the same answer, my first and last name, from where I got my education, and what I do for a living. But that’s boring, who wants to hear about your boring old history?
The problem is, that most people don’t know what to say when they don’t know what to say. They become nervous and awkward quickly. Now is not the time to be nervous or awkward, it’s time to show your best qualities.
Presence of Mind: The presence of the mind becomes very important in such situations. So be polite but honest. Make sure that you are patient with each question, think about it, and then try to answer it. Do not just skip it or give very generic answers.
Even if you don’t know a topic properly, do not say that you don’t know about it. Instead, keep calm, think about the different possible answers for that question and end up giving a smart answer even if it is not correct and will not be evaluated in the exam.
APSC CCE Prelims Preparation and EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
|Paper – I||General Studies I||Marks = 200||Time = 2 hours||Objective Type|
|Paper – II||General Studies II||Marks = 200||Time = 2 hours||Objective Type|
APSC Prelims exam syllabus:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, social, and economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.,
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demography, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change – do not require subject expertise.
- general Science.
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X Level), Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency, etc.) (Class X Level).
List of Important Books for APSC CCE Exam Prepare
- NCERTs of History, Geography & Polity Class 8th-12th.
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra.
- Certificate of Physical Geography by GC Leong.
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh.
- Current Affairs – The Hindu, Yojna Magazine, Assam Tribune.
- GS Manual for Assam Civil Services Examination by Mc Graw Hill.
- Geography of India by Majid Husain.
- World Geography by Majid Husain.
- World Atlas (Orient Black Swan).
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by G C Leong.
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography NCERT Class 11.
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth.
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by DD Basu.
- Indian Economy by Nitin Singhania.
- Environmental Ecology, Bio-Diversity, Climate Change & Disaster Management by Tata McGraw Hill.
- Challenges to Internal Security of India by Ashok Kumar.
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude for Civil Services Main Examination by Subba Rao and P.N. Roy Chaudary.
- 26 Years UPSC IAS/ IPS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers 1 & 2.